As year end is quickly approaching, we wanted to update you on some important information/dates:
- SB92 goes into effect 1/1/2020, which changes the expiration date of new (and transferred) leased vehicles to the primary lessee’s birth month. We will be sending out a software update soon. If you are a MAAP user you must install the update before January 1, 2020.
- PERM plate renewal files will be emailed the first week of January 2020.
- We sent out an email with our Holiday hours on December 12, 2019. Let us know if you didn’t receive it.
DMV is working on the changes for SB92, which will change how leased vehicles are registered. This is a major change to the way the system calculates a leased registration. We had hoped to get this update out to you sooner, but it has been a slow process on DMV’s end. Unfortunately, now we have a very short time frame between when DMV finishes their coding and certifies our updates and when you must have the update installed.
Once you receive the update email it is critically important that you:
- Install the update before processing any new transactions in January.
- Print and read the update notes — they will explain critical changes to how you process transactions.
Let us know if you have any questions.