We will begin distributing version 2.6.9 of our Clerk/MV application in January. Here are a few things you can expect to see:
- Owner Comments: We have added the ability to add Owner Comments. We added this functionality to use when we are converting certain municipalities in order to preserve specific notes maintained in their legacy software. However, we felt it may benefit you as well, as it provides a method in which you can have a running commentary or narrative for specific owners.
- Owner Swap Added for Transfer-AP and New-AP Registrations: We have added the Owner Swap functionality to assist you in changing the order of the owners when processing a New-AP or Transfer-AP so you no longer have to manually edit each owner.
- Warning Message for Late Renewals due to Expire: We have added a warning message to alert you and your customer if the registration they want to renew is about to expire (1 year & 1 day).
- Driver’s License/Owner ID Required for Title Applications: In order to comply with DMV’s titling requirements, we are no longer auto populating the title application with the Owner ID(s) of the owner(s). You will now find two new ID boxes under the Seller Information on the Title Application screen (ID1 and ID2) which you can use to manually enter the Owner ID(s).
- Laser Printer Project: We are happy to announce that DMV has upgraded the MAAP system to support the Lexmark T640 laser printer for all your printing requirements. Our Clerk module passed DMV’s certification and we will begin implementation in January. Expect to see more information as the conversion time gets closer.
- Standardized Dog Notices and License: We have updated all the dog notices in order to make them uniform. Also, individual dog licenses will now print once on a full piece of paper, with the owner mailing information at the top of the form, allowing you the ability to mail the dog license to the owner in a window envelope.
- Added Dog Search Criteria: You now have the option of searching for a dog by the owner’s street address. Once on the Dog Owner Search screen, enter any part of the owner’s address into the Address text box and select Search. The system will return all dogs licensed at that address. This can be useful for finding a dog in a household with multiple owners with different last names.
- Dog Charges: The dog module now has the ability to add charges to a specific dog. Typical uses for this functionality include Nuisance, Vicious Dog, and Menace Charges. This process is used to enter charges that will be collected at a later time. For example, a police officer issues a vicious dog fine to a resident for their dog that bit someone.
- Charge Maintenance: Charge maintenance is used to view, pay, or forgive charges, as well as print an invoice to send to the customer.
- Unlicensed Dog Charges: We have integrated a new functionality to assist you in capturing all outstanding dog licensing fees for when a dog has not been licensed for multiple years. What this means for you is that if a dog has not been licensed for a previous year(s), when the customer finally comes in to license the dog, the system will add the total of all the outstanding license(s), with their corresponding fees, and add them to the cart at Fee Settlement. You can elect to remove these charges from the cart if necessary (e.g. the owner actually moved out of town during the intervening years and only recently moved back), but for the owners on which you want to collect the past charges you will no longer have to manually cycle through licensing the dog(s) for each past year.