Software Support Holiday Availability
Avitar has traditionally closed our offices between Christmas and New Years as many municipal offices generally slowed down during this week and taxpayers — even more so than usual — didn’t want to be bothered by assessors measuring and listing their houses during the holidays. However, as our number of clients has grown to include more and more tax collect and motor vehicle users, this holiday shut down has become increasingly inopportune for some clients.
Thus, while the main office will be closed from Friday, December 20th, 2013 at noon through Wednesday, January 1st, 2014 you can still reach us at software support on the days and times listed below by calling 798-4017. Note, this is not the normal phone number for every day support. We have used this process for the last several years and it has allowed the office staff to take time off. As a courtesy, in recognition of the reduced staff on these days, we ask that you try to limit your calls to issues requiring immediate attention. So as much as we’d love to talk to each and everyone of you during this joyous season, maybe you can wait until after the holidays to contact us if…
- you’re a tax collector and you need help processing an abatement.
- you’re a town clerk with a question that can be answered by a colleague in your office.
- you’re an assessing clerk and you have a question about the assessment on a property or need to speak to your assessor.
- your computer guy decided Christmas Eve would be a perfect time to rebuild your computer and needs to reinstall your applications.
- you just want to talk to someone friendly.
But if you do still need us, we will be available during the following times…
- Friday, December 20th — Normal telephone number until 12:00 PM, 798-4017 from 12:00 PM to 4:30 PM.
- Monday, December 23rd — 798-4017 from 9:00AM to 4:30 PM.
- Tuesday, December 24th — Closed.
- Wednesday, December 25th — Closed.
- Thursday, December 26th — 798-4017 from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Friday, December 27th — 798-4017 from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Monday, December 30th — 798-4017 from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Tuesday, December 31st — 798-4017 from 9:00AM to 2:00 PM.
- Tuesday, January 1st — Closed.
If you have any problems receiving assistance, you can always call Josh at 848-1647 — if he can’t help you he can generally track down the person who can. As always, if you get voicemail please leave a message and we’ll call you as soon as we are able.
We appreciate your assistance during this time, and we hope you all have a wonderful holiday season.
Avitar Software Support