The implementation of the new driver licensing system (VISION) is fast approaching and we expect to distribute the Avitar Clerk 3.3.2 update that is compatible with the impending MAAP VISION changes to you the week of September 25th. Here are a few key requirements and dates to remember:
- You will need to be certain that you install the 3.3.2 update on all of your workstations by the end of day on Tuesday, October 10th, or you will not be able to process transactions on Wednesday, October 11th. You can install the update at any point prior to that so it’s probably a good idea to install the week of the September 25th.
- As long as you have installed the Avitar Clerk 3.3.2 update by the time VISION is implemented by the state you will not have to make any changes within your Avitar system — it is programmed to seamlessly implement the VISION compatibility.
- If you only use the Browser Module within Avitar Clerk (i.e. you utilize the DMV browser to actually process MV transactions) you should still install this update.
- Note, if for any reason Vision needs to be turned off (e.g. if DMV postpones the Vision go live date) we will notify you by email on Wednesday, October 11th with further instructions. ** SO MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR EMAIL BEFORE LOGGING INTO AVITAR **
Below are some key dates for the VISION system and how it affects you:
- Week of September 25th — Avitar Clerk 3.3.2 Update available for install.
- Thursday, October 5th — Last day to complete state work. Make sure you process a financial close out by the end of day for all state work. Also, all state funds need to be deposited by the close of business.
- Friday, October 6th — You will only be able to complete the town portion only and will need to log into Avitar Clerk/MV as “Offline Municipal Agent”. This means you cannot process any state work. DMV offices will be open to complete the state portion of all registrations.
- Monday, October 9th – (Columbus Day. Both Avitar and DMV closed). If you are open, you will need to log into Avitar Clerk/MV as “Offline Municipal Agent”. This means you cannot process any state work.
- Tuesday, October 10th — You will only be able to complete the town portion only and will need to log into Avitar Clerk/MV as “Offline Municipal Agent”. This means you cannot process any state work. DMV offices will be closed. If all goes well, you will be able to process state work on Wednesday the 11th.
- Wednesday, October 11th — Make sure you check your email before logging into Avitar. Process Town and State utilizing new VISION functionality.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions or concerns. And keep your eyes on your email Wednesday, October 11th for notification from us regarding the status of the Vision implementation.