We have scheduled a new tax collector training session for May 14th, 2019, from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. This session is open to new collectors, whether you are new to the position, new to the Avitar Collect system, or just need a refresher. This is a basic training session that will cover topics such as:
- Multiple ways of paying invoices
- Creating prepayments
- Editing the payer/check number
- Corrections after you have created the deposit
- Process returned checks
- Liening and deeding
- The billing process (importing a warrant, assigning credits, printing tax bills)
- Processing an abatement
- Balancing: daily, monthly, and yearly
If you are planning on attending, please email Patty or call the office at 798-4419. You can consult our web site for our location and a map. Also, if you are attending both the New Clerk and New Tax Collector workshops, plan on bringing your lunch with you, or there are several fast food options available close by.
We look forward to seeing you.